SKU (ISBN): 9780829739787
Henry Cloud | John Townsend
Binding: Trade Paper
Published: March 2005
Publisher: Editorial Vida
Print On Demand Product
A practical handbook on positive confrontation by the authors of the award-winning and best-selling “Boundaries”.
Successful people confront well. They know that setting healthy boundaries improves relationships. They have discovered that uncomfortable-even dangerous-situations can often be avoided or resolved through direct conversation. But most of us don’t know how to go about having difficult conversations. We see confrontation as scary or adversarial. We’re afraid to ask a boss for a raise or talk to a relative about a drinking problem, or even address a relational conflict with a spouse or someone we are dating.
In “Boundaries Face to Face”, authors Cloud and Townsend take the principles from their best-selling book “Boundaries” and apply them to a variety of the most common difficult situations and relationships.
* Explains why confrontation is essential in all arenas of life
* Shows how healthy confrontation can improve relationships
* Presents the essentials of a good boundary-setting conversation
* Provides tips on how to prepare for the conversation
* Shows how to tell people what you want, how to stop bad behavior, and how to deal with counterattack
* Gives actual examples of conversations to have with your spouse, your date, your kids, your coworker, your boss, your parents, and more
Available on backorder