SKU (ISBN): 9780801018695
Binding: Cloth Text
Published: February 2022
Publisher: Baker Publishing Group
How can pastors become resilient in a rapidly changing world? Is it possible to love well and lead faithfully? In the wake of crises that have exposed and accelerated massive cultural shifts, we see more clearly the seismic shifts of post-Christendom, the surging storms of a new paganism and pluralism, and the scattered debris of the cultural aftermath.
Drawing on new research from the Barna Group, Scripture, and church history, pastor, theologian, and researcher Glenn Packiam addresses some of the most pressing questions for today’s leaders, including:
– What is a pastor’s calling and vocation?
– How do church leaders regain credibility in a disillusioned world?
– How do church leaders cultivate a deeper life with God?
– How do pastors develop meaningful relationships?
– Why does the church gather in worship? Does it still matter if we do?
– How do we actually make disciples in this new landscape?
– How can we face the challenges to unity presented by nationalism and racism?
– What is the church’s mission in the world?
– How do we welcome the presence and power of God in our churches?
This book is for all who are burdened by the challenges facing the church as well as the turbulence of our times. With infographics, enlightening data, and insights from other ministry leaders, this book is the perfect resource for church leaders who want to cultivate resilience in their ministry today.
In stock (can be backordered)