SKU (ISBN): 9781540903402
Binding: Cloth Text
Published: November 2023
Publisher: Baker Publishing Group
It may shock you to learn that we spend an average of 4-7 minutes outside each day–while we spend 4-7 hours using devices with screens. Needless to say, our physical, mental, emotional, and relational health has suffered. But there is a ready solution: get outside!
A homeschooling mother of five and founder of the global 1000 Hours Outside movement, Ginny Yurich explains how we got to this point–and how to get back to a healthier, more engaging relationship with the world outside. With a mom’s heart and an educator’s eye, Ginny shows you:
– the importance of unstructured play for children
– what boredom actually contributes to our brains
– the value of sunlight and social play
– the role of play in lifelong learning
– how to make time outside more attractive to your child than screentime
– and much more
If you want your kids to grow up curious, resilient, and with a sense of adventure and community, it’s essential to make outside play a priority. This book shows you why and how.
In stock (can be backordered)